Todays post was written by the lovely Tina from Uber Crazy Girl's World. Tina is quite new to the blogging world but has amazing, well written content which you should definitely all check out! I have also written a guest post on her blog which is a mosiac nail art design.
Everybody wants to look good for school and college without going over-the-top. I used to love doing nail art and showing my friends at school, and looking down at my nails made the school day a little more bearable! So here is a quick, simple, and very easy nail art design that wont be to over-the-top to impress your friends.
To start this simple line and spots design, you'll need to get all of your equipment. The colours below are those I have used. All colours can be changed to suit your design.
> Nails Inc (Light Blue)
> Dotting Tool (Alternatives: a bobby pin, a sewing pin stuck in the end of a pencil)
1) Before you start the design, you need to remove any old varnish and make sure there is no nail polish remover residue left on the nail. Take the Nails Inc Caviar base coat and apply that to each nail.
2) Once your base coat is dry, take the Nails Inc Floral Street polish and apply two coats of this to each nail you want the design on, letting each coat dry in between applications.
3) Once your base colour is dry, you need to add the silver stripes. Using the brush part of the Rio Nail Art polish, slowly stripe three vertical lines next to each other on the nail, shortening them as you go along.
4) Once the stripes are dry, blob a little of the Baker Street polish onto a piece of paper, take your dotting tool and dip it into the polish. Place three dots, one on each vertical line, each in a different position. Do the same for the light blue polish.
5) Once the spots are dry, use the pen end of the Rio Nail Art polish to add three small silver spots, one on each silver line, where you would like to add the gems. Use the same tool to pick up the gems, put them on the spots you made, and then gently press them down.
6) Once everything is fully dry, add two coats of the Nails Inc Caviar top coat to the nail to seal the design.
Any colour combinations can be used to suit any occasion or outfit. This design is easy and simple enough to appl to each nail if you wanted to. It can also be be applied to just your ring finger, or your ring finger, middle finger, and thumb. Anything is possible with nail art! Go crazy and do each nail a different colour scheme of spots!
I hope you like this guest post and be sure to check out Eleanor's guest post over on my blog - Uber Crazy Girl's World